Research experience and projects
I) Surface photometry of spiral galaxies (observations, data reduction, data analysis, morthology, stellar population, star formation, rotation curves).
1) Morthological and color peculiarities of spiral and irregular galaxies.
2) Stellar population and star formation history of the different components of spiral galaxies.
3) Gas and stellar kinematics of spiral galaxies.
4) CCD data reduction problems.
II) Stellar population in galactic bars and star forming regions in spiral and irregular galaxies (evolutionary synthesis codes, two-colors diagrams).
1) Investigation of stellar population of bars of galaxies using multicolors surface photometry data.
2) Evolutionary synthesis of stellar population in bars of galaxies.
3) Multicolors photometry of star forming regions in spiral and irregular galaxies.
4) Detemination of sizes and ages of star forming regions in galaxies, investigation of their spatial distribution.
Bars Mean Surface Brightnesses and Integral Color Indices Catalogue
Parameters of star formation regions in NGC 628
|Moscow State University||Moscow, Russia||Ph.D.||1999|
|Moscow State University||Moscow, Russia||M.Sc.||1996|
|Moscow State University||Moscow, Russia||B.Sc.||1994|
|1||since February 2006||Sternberg Astronomical Institute||Moscow, Russia||Senior Researcher||(full time)|
|2||December 2002 - February 2006||Sternberg Astronomical Institute||Moscow, Russia||Researcher||(full time)|
|3||December 2001 - November 2002||Korean Astronomy Observatory (since 2004 is Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute)||Taejon, Korea||Post-Doctoral Researcher||(full time)|
|4||October-November 2001||Sternberg Astronomical Institute||Moscow, Russia||Researcher||(full time)|
|5||October 2000 - September 2001||Kyungpook National University||Taegu, Korea||Post-Doctoral Researcher||(full time)|
|6||March-October 2000||Sternberg Astronomical Institute||Moscow, Russia||Leading Engineer||(full time)|
|7||June 1999 - October 2000||Institute of Solid State Physics||Chernogolovka, Russia||Researcher||(full time)|
|8||January-April 1999||Sternberg Astronomical Institute||Moscow, Russia||Leading Engineer||(part time)|
|9||April 1996 - December 1998||Sternberg Astronomical Institute||Moscow, Russia||Junior Researcher||(part time)|
|10||July 1993 - December 1995||Sternberg Astronomical Institute||Moscow, Russia||Engineer||(part time)|
|1||Lecturer||March-June 2001||Course Topics in Observational Astronomy I (Galaxies)||Department of Astronomy and Atmospheric Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Taegu, Korea||For 1st year graduate students|
|2||Instructor||January 1997 - October 2000||Astrophysical Laboratory practice||Department of Physics, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia||For 4th year undergraduate students|
Author of course "Topics in Observational Astronomy I (Galaxies)" in Kyungpook National University (Taegu, Korea)
Author of tasks "Determination of physical parameters of gas in a nucleus of Seyfert galaxy", "CCD photometry of galaxy", and "Determination of color and morthological type of distant galaxy is a Gamma burst source" in Moscow State University (Moscow, Russia)
Basic publications and presentations
1. Gusev A.S. Multicolor CCD Photometry of Six Lenticular and Spiral Galaxies. Stellar Population of the Galaxies // Astronomy Reports, 2006, V.50, N3, P.182-193 (English translated from Astronomicheskij zhurnal, 2006, V.83, N3, P.211-223).
2. Gusev A.S. Multicolor CCD Photometry of Six Lenticular and Spiral Galaxies. Structure of the Galaxies // Astronomy Reports, 2006, V.50, N3, P.167-181 (English translated from Astronomicheskij zhurnal, 2006, V.83, N3, P.195-210).
3. Gusev A.S., Kaisin S.S. Multicolor CCD Photometry of the Dusty, Giant, Late-Type Spiral Galaxy NGC 5351 // Astronomy Reports, 2004, V.48, N8, P.611-621 (English translated from Astronomicheskij zhurnal, 2004, V.81, N8, P.675-686).
4. Gusev A.S., Park M.-G. Structure and stellar population of ringed barred galaxy NGC 2336 // Astronomy and Astrophysics, 2003, V.410, P.117-129.
5. Gusev A.S., Zasov A.V., Kaisin S.S. Photometry of the Low-Luminosity Spiral Galaxy NGC 4136 // Astronomy Letters, 2003, V.29, N6, P.363-371 (English translated from Pisma v Astronomicheskij zhurnal, 2003, V.29, N9, P.414-423).
6. Gusev A.S. The Young Star Clusters Parameters in Late Type Spiral Galaxies // Extragalactic Star Clusters, Proceedings of the IAU Symposium 207th, held in Pucon, Chile, 12-16 March, 2001 (ed. Geisler D., Grebel E, Minniti D.), San Francisco: ASP, 2002, P.450-452.
7. Gusev A.S., Kaisin S.S. BVRIH-alpha CCD Photometry of the Spiral Galaxy NGC 3184 // Astronomy Reports, 2002, V.46, N9, P.712-720. (English translated from Astronomicheskij zhurnal, 2002, V.79, N9, P.787-797).
8. Gusev A.S., Zasov, A.V., Kaisin S.S., Bizyaev D.V.BVRI Surface Photometry of the Galaxy NGC 3726 // Astronomy Reports, 2002, V.46, N9, P.704-711. (English translated from Astronomicheskij zhurnal, 2002, V.79, N9, P.778-786).
9. Gusev A.S. Sizes and ages of star forming regions in galaxies // Astronomical and Astrophysical Transactions, 2002, V.21, N1-3, P.75-78.
10. Gusev A.S. Star forming regions in disks of galaxies // Astronomical and Astrophysical Transactions, 2001, V.20, N1, P.169-172.
11. Gusev A.S. Disposition, Sizes and Ages of Star Forming Regions in Disks of Galaxies // Galaxy Disks and Disk Galaxies, Proceedings of the International Conference, Rome, Italy, 12-16 June, 2000 (ed. Funes J.G., Corsini E.M.), ASP Conference Series, V.230, San Francisco: ASP, 2001, P.313-314.
12. Gusev A.S. Photometric Properties of Bars in Galaxies // Astronomy Reports, 2000, V.44, N9, P.579-591. (English translated from Astronomicheskij zhurnal, 2000, V.77, N9, P.654-667).
13. Artamonov B.P., Badan Yu.Yu., Gusev A.S. BVRI CCD Photometry of Pecular Galaxies NGC 5605 and NGC 5665 // Astronomy Reports, 2000, V.44, N9, P.569-578. (English translated from Astronomicheskij zhurnal, 2000, V.77, N9, P.643-653).
14. Gusev A.S. Star Formation in Bars of Galaxies // Star Formation from the Small to the Large Scale, Proceedings of the 33rd ESLAB Symposium, held in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 2-5 November, 1999 (ed. Favata F., Kaas A., Wilson A.), Noordwijk: ESTEC, 2000, P.387-390.
15. Artamonov B.P., Badan Yu.Yu., Brouevich V.V., Gusev A.S. Surface UBVRI Photometry of the Barred Galaxy NGC 6217 // Astronomy Reports, 1999, V.43, N6, P.377-390. (English translated from Astronomicheskij zhurnal, 1999, V.76, N6, P.438-452).
16. Gusev A.S. Peculiarities of the Stellar Population of Bars in the LMC and Other Barred Galaxies // New Views of the Magellanic Clouds, Proceedings of the IAU Symposium 190th, held in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, 12-17 July, 1998 (ed. Chu Y.-H., Suntzeff N., Hesser J., Bohlender D.), San Francisco: ASP, 1999, P.349-350.
17. Gusev A.S. Peculiarities of the Stellar Population of the LMC Bar // Astronomy Reports, 1998, V.42, N4, P.446-452. (English translated from Astronomicheskij zhurnal, 1998, V.75, N4, P.506-513).
18. Gusev A.S. Evolution of stellar population in galactic bars // Modern Problems of Stellar Evolution, Proceedings of the International Conference in honour of Professor A.G.Massevitchs 80th birthday, held in Zvenigorod, Russia, 13-15 October, 1998 (ed. Wiebe D.), Moscow: GEOS, 1998, P.263-267.
19. Artamonov B.P., Brouevich V.V., Gusev A.S. UBVR Surface Photometry of the Late Type Galaxies NGC 523 and NGC 7678 // Astronomy Reports, 1997, V.41, N5, P.577-585. (English translated from Astronomicheskij zhurnal, 1997, V.74, N5, P.654-662).
20. Gusev A.S., Esipov V.F. Three-Color Surface Photometry of Late-Type Galaxies: NGC 1620, NGC 7292, and NGC 7743 // Astronomy Reports, 1996, V.40, N3, P.319-328. (English translated from Astronomicheskij zhurnal, 1996, V.73, N3, P.357-366).
|1||2005, August 21-28||14th International Congress of Speleology||Athens-Kalamos, Greece||(without seeing, 1 poster)|
|2||2005, June 1-6||International Conference, Astronomy - 2005: Current State and Prospects||Moscow, Russia||(1 oral presentation, 1 poster)|
|3||2002, May 25 - June 2||International Conference, International Collaboration in Astronomy: Actual State and Prospective||Moscow, Russia||(1 oral presentation, 1 poster)|
|4||2002, April 19-20||Spring 2002 Korean Astronomical Society Meeting||Seoul, Korea||(without presentation)|
|5||2001, October 12-13||Autumn 2001 Korean Astronomical Society Meeting||Jeonju, Korea||(without seeing, 1 poster)|
|6||2001, September 10-15||Joint European and National Astronomical Meeting (JENAM-2001)||Munich, Germany||(without seeing, 1 poster)|
|7||2001, April 20-21||Spring 2001 Korean Astronomical Society Meeting||Cheongju, Korea||(without presentation)|
|8||2001, March 12-16||IAU Symposium 207, Extragalactic Star Clusters||Pucon, Chile||(1 poster)|
|9||2001, February 26-28||Winter Workshop 2001, Distribution and Evolution of Matter in the Universe through Numerical Simulations||Phoenix Park, Korea||(1 oral presentation)|
|10||2000, October 21-22||Autumn 2000 Korean Astronomical Society Meeting||Taejon, Korea||(without presentation)|
|11||2000, June 12-16||International Conference, Galaxy Disks and Disk Galaxies||Rome, Italy||(without seeing, 1 poster)|
|12||2000, May 29 - June 3||Joint European and National Astronomical Meeting (JENAM-2000)||Moscow, Russia||(2 oral presentations)|
|13||1999, November 2-5||ESLAB Symposium 33, Star Formation from the Small to the Large Scale||Noordwijk, The Netherlands||(1 poster)|
|14||1999, April 1-6||Fifth All-Russian Conference of students-physicists and young scientists||Ekaterinburg, Russia||(without seeing, 1 poster)|
|15||1998, October 13-15||International Conference in honour of Professor A.G.Massevitchs 80th birthday, Modern Problems of Stellar Evolution||Zvenigorod, Moscow region, Russia||(1 poster)|
|16||1998, July 12-17||IAU Symposium 190, New Views of the Magellanic Clouds||Victoria, British Columbia, Canada||(1 poster)|
|17||1995, March 31 - April 5||Third All-Russian Conference of students-physicists||Ekaterinburg, Russia||(without seeing, 1 poster)|
Euro-Asian Astronomical Society (since 2000)
Russian Geographical Society (since 1999)
Soros scholarship for undergraduates (ISSEP), 1994
Moscow State University scholarship for active young researchers, 2005
English, Russian (native)