Laboratory of the New Photometric Methods (LNPhM)
was organized in 1990 year. The chief of the laboratory
The main goal of the Laboratory is multi-color photometric survey
of the sky in the optical band.
To solve this problem we work in the following directions:
- Design and development of the photometric equipment and respective software.
- Development of the technique, algorithms and software for photometric
observations and data reduction.
- Analysis of existing photometric and spectrophotometric catalogues.
In addition the members of the Laboratory:
- support and administrate the Institute Local Net
- investigate variable stars, eclipsing binaries, T Tauri stars etc.
The next projects of sky surveys are in preparation:
- Multi-color WBVR survey of northern sky up to 9 — 10m.
- Multi-color survey of northern sky up to 12 — 13m with scanning technique.
- Space multi-color all sky survey up to 14 — 15m (LYRA project)
- Extension of WBVR bright northern star survey on Sourthern sky